9.15.2009

Sewing Table

This past weekend I helped my brother clean out his garage. We had a load of garbage that needed to go to the dump. As we were unloading, the couple in the truck next to us threw a gorgeous little vanity/desk onto the ground.

When I saw it soaring through the air, I thought it was missing the drawers which was no biggy, I could just use baskets. So I got up the nerve and asked the lady if I could have it. She said of course and that the drawers were even in the pile of junk somewhere. YAY! I jumped up and down and giggled, literally.

Unfortunately, this drew the attention of the mean dump man that told me I wasn't allowed to take it because it had touched the ground and was now company property. After I mutely told him what I thought about the company and made a pretty mean face at him, he said he would just turn his head. Long story short I'm now the proud owner of a cute little desk.

It was originally going to be for my daughter, but then I was reminded of this goal. I am now one step closer. At least now I have a sewing desk.

Before:

It was pretty banged up and had paint chipped all over. It was also really dirty. Stuff was splattered on it and there were so many spiderwebs I had to give myself a pep talk to touch it. But after a few coats of paint and my cute little orphan chair {the chair doesn't tuck in all the way, but I kinda like it hanging out like that}, I think it looks pretty nice. I was so excited I forgot to take the picture right away and started on a quilt.

After:

Total Cost:
Desk: free!
Paint: free! {glidden giveaway}
=FREE!!

6 comments:

  1. Yea! I love it! Mom's sewing machine looks so happy there!

    P.S. props on the garage. Have you had your tetanis shot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable!!! I love those free little gem finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this table... So wish I had one just like it... Lucky you! You did an awesome job on it!!
    ~Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  4. please be sure to leave your link to your blog post for the Workbox giveaway. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it is so cute! It doesn't get better than free either! Why can't I be as crafty as you miss?!

    ReplyDelete